Deepening your understanding of the new NSW K-2 Syllabus
Online unmoderated course
Heighten your knowledge and understanding of the new NSW K-2 English Syllabus.
- Understand the new structure and elements of the K-2 English Syllabus.
- Access, and navigate the new digital NSW K-2 Syllabus to locate and use content for planning and teaching in English.
- Identify the importance of foundational skills in teaching English K-2.
- Understand the importance of literature when planning and teaching English K-2.
- Use the knowledge of the syllabus and learning strategies gained through this course to plan a sequence of lessons with engaging activities.
- Identify your ongoing professional learning needs to improve teaching practice and implementation of the NSW K-2 Syllabus.
Who should participate?
- Teachers - Years F-2
- School leaders
- Early-career and Pre-service teachers
What else do I need to know? This is a perfect opportunity for colleagues to work together in a year, stage or full staff meeting.
How does it work?
- Individuals: upon registration individuals will be sent a link to access the PL on our online learning platform.
- Whole schools: one staff member must register on behalf of their school.
They can choose to have a single link to view this together or can email us the names and email addresses of teachers they wish to enrol.
Completing this workshop will contribute 1.5 hours of online Professional Learning addressing 2.1.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
This course is NESA Approved
For NSW teachers: Completing Deepening your understanding of the new NSW K-2 Syllabus will contribute 1.5 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Accredited PD in the priority area of Delivery and assessment of NSW Curriculum/Early Years Learning Framework addressing standard descriptors 2.1.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.