ONLINE: Writing- Engaging High-Ability Students
8 May 2023 - 31st December 2023
Online unmoderated course
This is a free course for all teachers registered in the Victorian Young Writers Program 2023:
This course will focus on the importance of grammar instruction in writing and will cover topics such as language choices, text-level choices, the reader-writer relationship, being an author, and the writing process. The course will also address the Australian Curriculum (V9), English, particularly the Language and Literacy strands, but also incorporating elements of close reading of mentor texts from the Literature strand.
- Create effective lessons for teaching writing to high ability primary students
- Support your students to generate and develop ideas for writing projects
- Understand how mentor texts can be used to teach writing to high ability primary students
- Run impactful and engaging group discussions and writers workshops
- Effectively confer with students and provide targeted feedback
- Employ effective strategies for preparing and publishing writing projects
Who should participate?
- Teachers years F-6
- Literacy Coordinators
- Teacher Librarians
How does it work?
- Individuals: upon registration individuals will be sent a link to access the PL on our online learning platform.
|Cost of participation
Completing this course will contribute 3 hours of online PD addressing standard descriptors 2.1.2 and 2.5.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.