What is this course about?
This course explores the aim, rationale and organisation of the NSW English 3-6 syllabus. The course takes a deep dive into the focus areas and models how content connections can be made for planning and teaching. To explore our course on Deepening your understanding of the new NSW K-2 Syllabus, click here.
Through completing this course, participants will:
- Understand the organisation of content and outcomes for English 3-6
- Note the progression of learning outcomes from Stage 2 - Stage 3
- Address outcomes in parallel to support students in making connections in their learning
Who should participate?
- Teachers Years 3-6
- Curriculum Leaders
- Principals and Deputy/Assistant Principals
- Literacy Coordinators
- Early-career and Pre-service teachers
What else do I need to know?
This is a perfect opportunity for colleagues to work together in a PL session, or independently as part of their professional development practice. This course is self-paced and unmoderated, meaning all participants have access to materials for 365 days from the date they register.
How does it work?
- Individuals: upon registration individuals will be sent a link to access the PL on our online learning platform.
- Group Booking (up to 25 staff): One staff member must register on behalf of their school, selecting "Whole School Booking" at checkout. They will then be required to email us the names, job titles and email addresses of teachers they wish to enrol.
- PL Subscription: Access this course via the PL Subscription homepage. All PL subscription members receive free access to all online unmoderated courses.
|Cost of participation
|PL Subscription School Member
*Enquire to register a group. Member Schools only.
|Non-Member Group booking*
*Enquire to register a group.
Not a member? Sign up here to access group pricing, discounts and our member resource portal.
Completing this course comprises 3 hours (NSW - Elective PL) of online professional learning addressing standards 2.1.2 and 2.3.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
New Teacher Bundle- Click here to purchase!
Deepening your understanding of the new NSW K-2 Syllabus.